Monday 25 April 2011

A quick post …..

I hope everyone is enjoying the last bit of the Easter break. What brilliant weather we have had for the WHOLE weekend. I think that going by past years this might have been our summer! I hope I’m wrong.

Anyway just a few pics of the last class I taught with my new digis. I drew them with the men in our lives in mind but can easily be adapted for other occasions and made a bit more feminine.

This first one is an old vintage car and made into an easel card. The trunk has been 3D and some ribbon coloured with a black copic pen for the straps.

cards 014

cards 012I adapted the same image to make a wedding card.

cards 011The cars were water coloured using distress pads .

cards 009I cut out the back window and added a piece of acetate  behind, stamped some tiny flowers and added those behind the acetate and then used some silicone  glue to re attach the inside part of the car.

 

cards 008I used some rolled card painted silver for the tin cans and tied them to the car bumper.

You could alter the colours used to go with the brides wedding colours.

Well that’s all for today. Some more tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gayle x

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh Gayle,what beautiful cards! ,FANTASTIC Digis! See you at the crop????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie. Unfortunately can't get the day off work for the crop. I'm hoping to make the next one. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Gayle and the digi stamps are inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these images - perfect for men (or girl racers!), going to uni, wedding, driving test... I could go on! Especially love the wedding one, it's stunning!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete