Friday 6 May 2011

Card Challenge

Hi Everyone

A quick post today with my example for Scrapbook sisters card challenge.

The theme this week is a ‘Recipe’ – 2 ribbons , brads and a flower. I did make a boo boo for this one. Completely forgot about the flower. So before I took the card up to the shop I added a tiny flower to the last mouse tail. Note to self – read things more carefully!

may 2011 001

I used one of the House Mouse stamps with the dragonfly. This whole range is so sweet. Coloured them with copics.

may 2011 011For the dragonflies wings I coloured some white organza ribbon and heated it to create the crinkled effect. For the body of the dragonfly I pleated some narrow satin ribbon and threaded it through the card so it looks as though the mouse is holding on to it.

may 2011 004 For the background paper I used copy paper and coloured it with copics (same colours I used for the organza ribbon) and blended them together.

Thanks for stopping by

Gayle x

No comments:

Post a Comment