Wednesday 1 September 2010

Card Challenge =

Loads of Freebies on the Scrapbook Sisters Blog.

There will be a new theme to get your creative juices flowing each week, but for the first challenge you have until midnight on the 14th September to get your entries in. The winner will be announced on the 15th September along with challenge number two.

There are some great inspirational cards on their blog from the DT girls, so have a go , ‘you’ve got to be in it to win it!’

I was really pleased to be asked by Karen and Julie to come up with a card for each challenge. I thought I would give the Copics a rest for this first one and basically only used copy paper, distress ink , stamps and Momento black ink pad.

my cards 001

The pink base card was stamped with a flourish. Two layers of copy paper inked with Spun Sugar and stamped with LB Designs French Script. The paper is then torn and rolled and positioned over the base card to reveal the flourish.

my cards 002 The flowers are torn strips of the left over stamped paper and I have used some pink and black stamens for the centres left over from my sugar craft days. Edged with glamour dust.

Hopefully I will have my blinky on my Blog tomorrow – don’t laugh but I need help (Julie see you tomorrow!)

Thanks for stopping by

Gayle x

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Gayle, can't believe you have managed to get a stylish card and those flowers from such simple things. The stamps are stunning too Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are so clever,this cards way beyond my skill level! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Gayle, I've just found your blog & your cards are stunning & so many different styles. I'm adding you to my blog list so I can keep up to date with your creations :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete