Wednesday 1 December 2010

Patchwork challenge

Its been a while but I’m back from my hols. Sure is a shock to the system when you have been laying on the beach in 90deg temperatures and a few days later your having too suffer the minus figures! Mind you I do love the snow apart from driving in it. The landscape is transformed and I love to walk through fresh snow. Driving home from work tonight some houses have already got their Christmas trees and lights up and they looked so pretty twinkling against the snow. I cant believe its the 1st of Dec already, where has this year gone! I think I had better get cracking with my Christmas shopping – I’m starting to panic as I haven’t done anything yet and it will soon be upon us.

Anyway tonight I am showing the card I made for Scrapbook Sisters latest card challenge Patchwork. I thought I would do something a little different for this one so I made my own template of the the Robin.my cards 300I used brown beige and red papers and distressed the edges. I used a pricking tool and felt tip pen to create the stitching as I was feeling lazy and couldn’t be asked to set the sewing machine up. The holly is made up of little green paper squares stuck onto card and the holly drawn on to it. A very quick card but I think he looks quite cute.

If you haven't submitted an entry yet have a go.

Thanks for stopping by and keep safe and warm if you are out and about in this weather.

Gayle x

1 comment:

  1. He's so cute - my mum loves robins so may copy for her christmas card

    ReplyDelete